Here’s a quick look at the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, with the full details at ThinkProgress.
- CISPA’s broad language will likely give the government access to anyone’s personal information with few privacy protections.
- The bill completely exempts itself from the Freedom of Information Act.
- CISPA gives companies blanket immunity from future lawsuits.
- Companies can already inform the government and each other about incoming cybersecurity threats.
- Most Republicans support CISPA, while most Democrats oppose it, and President Obama threatened to veto it.
- The internet is fighting back.